|Base Of Operations||Utopia/Pax Utopia|
|Former Members||Cyclops,Namor,Colossus , Magik, Emma Frost|
|Allies||X-Men, Hope Summers, Phoenix Force|
|Enemies||Avengers, Secret Avengers, Mister Sinister, Scarlet Witch|
|Plan||To save the world, to make the world a better place, to eliminate the Avengers|
|Powers and Abilities||Pheonix Force Powers|
|Origin||When Iron Man tried to destroy the Phoenix Force, he splintered it into five pieces, which took the five X-Men as hosts|
|Place of Formation||Blue Area of the Moon|
|Creators||Matt Fraction, John Romita Jr.|
| First Appearance|
Avengers vs. X-Men #5
| Last Appearance|
Avengers vs. X-Men #11
Cyclops made short work of all the Avengers that opposed him and even defeated Shou-Lao the mythical dragon that granted K'un-Lun its power. Hope managed to copy both the dragons powers as well as the Scarlet Witch's Chaos magic and managed to defeat Cyclops, sending him to the Moon and incapacitating him. Realizing that he needed more power, Cyclops traveled to Utopia to find Emma. He could not bring himself to attack Emma, however, and they were interrupted by Professor X, who arrived and attempted to shut down their brains. A battle ensued, with the combined might of the Avengers and X-Men uniting to defeat Cyclops and Emma. The battle was going terrible for the Phoenixes and at the end Scott gave in and took the final piece of the Phoenix from Emma and he the sole host of the Phoenix Force. Xavier attempted to shut him down again but Scott lost his patience and killed him. Hosting the entire Phoenix proved too much for Cyclops and he lost control, becoming Dark Phoenix. After that Dark Phoenix Scott went around the world and started destroying everything that he encountered. The Avengers couldn't stop him for causing too much damage to the planet. After some hours the Avengers find again the Phoenix and this time Hope and the Scarlet Witch engage him and he manages to get control for long enough to beg them to kill him. They manage to exorcize the Phoenix Force ,with some help from Jean Grey who appears only to Scott for very brief moments by telling him all of this has to stop and it is time for the Phoenix to go, from him and Hope dissipates it, using it to re-spark mutantkind. Cyclops is brought into custody and Captain America visits him in his cell. Cyclops accepts full responsibility for everything that happened and asks Rogers not to hunt down the X-Men that went missing after their conflict. After Cyclops learns that mutantkind has been reborn he states that while he regrets the destruction he caused and the death of Professor Xavier, he would do it all again to save mutantkind. The Phoenix Five are not a "threat" anymore.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Since the Phoenix Five are the Avatars of the Phoenix Force they are granted the great powers of the Phoenix.
- Interstellar Travel: A Phoenix Force avatar can fly unaided through the vacuum of space, and can travel interstellar distances faster than the speed of light.
- Cosmic Pyrokinesis: An Avatar of the Phoenix can create 'cosmic' flames under any conditions even the impossible ones such as vacuum space or underwater. These flames do not require oxygen to burn, and burn so intensely that matter is consumed without by-products such as ash. It has perfect control over these flames, and they only consume what it wills. Typically they manifest as a raptor or part of a raptor such as a claw or wings, in the case of an avatar.
- Resurrection: As the embodiment of life and death itself, the Phoenix Force can resurrect whomever it wills.
- Immortality: The Avatar of the Phoenix does not age and can be resurrected by the Phoenix Force.
- Temporal Manipulation: An Avatar acting as the Phoenix Force n can manipulate the past across large temporal distances and with a profound knowledge of the causal effect his or her actions will have.
- Telepathy A Phoenix Force Avatar can project their thoughts into the minds of others and read other peoples thoughts at a near boundless level.
- Telekinesis An Avatar of the Phoenix can manipulate matter at a molecular scale.
Main article Phoenix Five/Gallery.